The War Illustrated - No. 9
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 9, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 9 - November 11, 1939
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- In Fifty Days They Didn't Drop a Bomb!
- Luxemburg Fears Again for Her Neutrality
- None But The Best for Britain's Army
- Salute to Turkey, Our New Ally
- Finland Resolved to Defend Her Heritage
- Scandinavia's Rulers Take Counsel Together
- Convoys are Safe with the Royal Navy
- Nazi Bombers Brought Down by British Guns
- Words That History Will Remember
- Our War Gazetteer
- Nazi Poison Propaganda: The Great Gas Lie!
- 'There will always be Misery', says Hitler
- Germany Must Feel the Pinch of the Blockade
- Mr. Hore-Belisha Talks About the War
- The Man Who Got the Army Ready
- How to tell Officers of Navy, Army and Air Force
- I Was There! - How Our Convoy Beat the Nazi 'Planes
- I Was There! - Two Days at Sea in a Rubber Boat
- I Was There! - The Terror of a Blazing Oil Tanker
- I Was There! - I Chased a British 'Plane Over My Home
- I Was There! - We Strayed Into a North Sea Battle
- Our Diary of the War
- The Voice of the Empire
- It Is Said That...
- Odd Facts About the War