The War Illustrated - No. 7
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 7, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 7 - October 28, 1939
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- Poland Under the Heel of the Conqueror
- 'A Very Curious War' in the West
- If It's Contraband It Won't Get to Germany
- Getting a Stranglehold on Nazi Commerce
- With the Destroyers on Night Watch
- British Submarine's Gallant Fight for Life
- Words That History Will Remember
- 'Wats' Carry on the Tradition of the 'Waacs'
- Words That Hitler Has Eaten
- Mussolini Plays a Neutral Hand
- Cartoon Commentary on the Conflict
- There Pictures Spell A.R.P.
- Turkey Guards the Black Sea
- They Fight Hitler Inside Germany
- I Was There! - Bullets Whistled Past My Parachute
- I Was There! - We Were Put Ashore by a U-Boat
- I Was There! - We Flew From Warsaw in Makeshift 'Planes
- I Was There! - The Nazi 'Planes were Joy-Riding
- I Was There! - I Saw a Bomber Attack a U-Boat
- Russia's New Footholds in the Baltic
- Our Diary of the War
- The Crooked Cross
- It Is Said That...
- Odd Facts About the War