The War Illustrated - No. 43
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 43, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 2 - No. 43 - June 28, 1940
- Jottings from the Editor's Wartime Diary
- After the Fall of Paris France Lost Heart
- On the 'City of Light' Falls the Night of Nazidom
- 'If the Empire Lasts a Thousand Year Men Will Say, This Was Their Finest Hour'
- These Were First Shots in the 'Battle of Britain'
- The Nazis Show Us How They Took Eben-Eymael
- Skirmish and Raid Opened the Italian War
- In Libya Our Soldiers First Met the Italians
- After Nine Months Allied Shipping Was Supreme
- De Valera's Eire Sees the Red Light
- I Was There! - We Left Our Lorries and Marched 24 Miles
- I Was There! - I Saw the 'Women's Evacuation' From Paris
- I Was There! - How We Held Up a German Tank Column
- I Was There! - How I Escaped as a Belgian Refugee
- Words That History Will Remember
- Our Diary of the War