The War Illustrated - No. 222
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 222, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 9 - No. 222 - December 21, 1945
- Grasping the Palestine Nettle
- Our Army Now Fights for Law and Order
- A Keel is Laid
- Has the World Quite Finished With Hitler?
- British Brains and Pluck Against German Cunning
- "Battle of the Narrow Seas"
- Now It Can Be Told! - Nail Gun Speeds Underwater Salvage
- Now It Can Be Told! - How 'Hangman' Heydrich Met His End
- Now It Can Be Told! - London's Petrol Was a Luftwaffe Target
- Now It Can Be Told! - Naval Divers Cut Jap Telephone Cables
- Now It Can Be Told! - Combined Ops Had 6-lb. Machine-Carbine
- I Was There! - Palestine Police are the Bravest Men I Know
- I Was There! - I Watched at the Palace of Justice at Nuremberg
- I Was There! - Training with the B.A.O.R. at a Luxury Camp
- I Was There! - Even the High-Ups in Japan Must Scrounge to Eat
- Britain's Biggest Air Squadron
- The Editor Looks Back