The War Illustrated - No. 161
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 161, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 7 - No. 161 - August 20, 1943
- The Battle Fronts
- The War at Sea
- For 3,000 Years History Has Been Made in Sicily
- They've Been Our Commandos For 300 Years
- As the Sun Came Up On Invasion Day
- Views & Reviews
- We Have Taken New Life and Hope Into Sicily
- The War in the Air
- At Last We Have 'Struck Oil' in Rumania
- I Was There! - 'Down With Mussolini and Death to the Duce!'
- I Was There! - I Ran a Field Hospital for Our Parachutists
- I Was There! - Syracuse Was Like Margate in Holiday-time
- I Was There! - 'Advanco Pronto!' - and a Mob Surrendered
- I Was There! - My Night of Terror in Bomb-Battered Hamburg
- Our Diary of the War
- Editor's Postscript