The War Illustrated - No. 14
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 14, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 14 - December 16, 1939
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- Raid and Reconnaissance in a Wintry Scene
- Above Ground and Below in Germany's 'Westwall'
- Swastika Over Britain: A Tale of Failure
- These Are the Fighters That Routed the Raiders
- Warsaw is Now a 'City of Dreadful Night'
- Poland Still Lives and Fights in France
- 'Everywhere Activity, Everywhere Mud'
- Stalin Makes Foul War on Gallant Finland
- Finland Defies the Russian Bully
- Words That History Will Remember
- Things You May Not Know
- Britain Hits Back at the Mine-Laying 'Planes
- 'To Defend Freedom & To Establish Peace'
- 'Rawalpindi' Went Down With Colours Flying
- They Watch and Wait for Endless Hours
- 'Mail Up!' is the Call Soldiers Like Most to Hear
- I Was There! - We Scanned the Sea for Mines and U-Boats
- I Was There! - Our Ship Could Not Sail Home
- I Was There! - We Weathered A Gale in Open Boats
- I Was There! - 'U-Boat Men Not All Heartless Murderers'
- Our Diary of the War
- Shadows on the Lake
- Easy French Phrases for British Soldiers - 3.