The War Illustrated - No. 6
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 6, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 6 - October 21, 1939
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- Epic Siege and Fall of Warsaw
- How Russia and Germany Shared the Spoil
- Aerial Battles in the West
- German Air Weapon at Work East and West
- Uneasy Neighbours of the Soviet Power
- Methods that Will Beat U-Boats
- For H.M. Navy's 'Constant Care'
- They Defy the U-Boats - and So Britain Lives
- Words That History Will Remember
- Our War Gazetteer
- Dutch and Belgians on the Alert
- First Lord's Tonic for the Nation
- Winston Churchill, 'Nazi Enemy No. 1'
- Odd Facts About the War
- The Good Old Horse Comes Back
- Silent Sentries Await the Raiders
- The Tank Idea Triumphs Again
- I Was There! - 'Old Hitler Gave Me a Headache'
- I Was There! - I Saw an Air-Liner Passenger Shot
- I Was There! - With the French Troops in Germany
- I Was There! - They Arrested Me as a German Spy
- I Was There! - All U-Boat Commanders Are Not So Callous
- Million A.A. Shells in the Making
- Our Diary of the War
- Fathers and Sons
- It Is Said That...
- Our Who's Who of the War