The War Illustrated - No. 56
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 56, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 3 - No. 56 - September 27, 1940
- Jottings From the Editor's Wartime Diary
- Grenadiers Would Like to Meet Nazis Again!
- The Empire Will Fight Till Victory Be Won
- Yet Mussolini Still Says It is 'Our Sea'
- London Was in the Front Line of Air Battle
- Those on Whom the Brunt of Air War Falls
- Berlin and the Barges are Bombed Again
- R.A.F. Strike at the Heart of Nazi Berlin
- Ramsgate Has the World's Finest Shelters
- Let Us Honour the Men Who Saved St. Paul's
- Their Eyes Are Vital to R.A.F. and A.A. Guns Alike
- Hope For France Springs Anew in Africa
- Our Searchlight on the War
- I Was There! - We Dug for Eight Hours to Rescue a Girl
- I Was There! - What We Saw of the Victoria Bomber
- I Was There! - Like Soldiers My Children Stood on Deck
- I Was There! - We Were Sunk by a Nazi Q-Ship
- British Personalities of the War
- Our Diary of the War
- Items of War Interest from Far and Near