The War Illustrated - No. 50
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 50, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 3 - No. 50 - August 16, 1940
- Jottings From the Editor's Wartime Diary
- Tanks are Part of the English Countryside in Summer Now
- Japan Wants All the Far East to Herself
- Another Ten Millions for the Hammer and Sickle
- The Indomitable Men of the Cliffs of St. Valery
- Everybody Has A Good Word For A.R.P. Now
- Winston Sees That All Is Ready for Adolf
- The Swastika's Shadow Over 21 Republics
- Striking Forces of Axis and Allied Fleets Compared
- Italy's Columns Invade British Somaliland
- May the Nazis' Stay in Jersey Be Brief!
- British and Nazi Ways with Red Cross Aeroplanes
- Birthday Guns With Love from Fuehrer to Duce
- Our Searchlight on the War News
- I Was There! - A Heinkel Fell On Our Deck
- I Was There! - We Were Besieged For Six Days in Arras
- I Was There! - Going Home to France the Nazi Sank Us
- I Was There! - I Saw a Convoy Bombed in the Channel
- I Was There! - We Were Looking for Trouble & Found It!
- Our Diary of the War
- Items of War Interest from Far and Near