The War Illustrated - No. 42
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 42, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 2 - No. 42 - June 21, 1940
- Jottings from the Editor's Wartime Diary
- Now Was Launched 'The Battle of France'
- 'The Order Is Fight Without Thought of Retreat'
- The R.A.F. Strike and Strike Again at Germany
- No One Sounds 'Last Post' Now at Menin Gate
- The 'Little B.E.F.'s' Great Stand on the Somme
- They Were a Very Gallant Band of Brothers
- 250,000 Soldiers 'Walked the Plank' - to Safety
- There Were None but Heroes at Dunkirk
- Enter Italy's Gangster and his Gunmen
- On a Gambler's Throw Mussolini Stakes His All
- 'Gainst Shells and Bombs 'the Rock' Makes Ready
- I Was There! - Our Fellows Were Firing as the Ship Sank
- I Was There! - How We Blocked Zeebrugge Once Again
- I Was There! - We Kept Our Canteen Going at Boulogne
- I Was There! - We Held Off 400 Nazis For 12 Hours
- War in the Air as the Victor Sees It
- Perfidious Italy's Stab in the Back
- Our Diary of the War
- Echoes of the War from Far and Near