The War Illustrated - No. 41
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 41, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 2 - No. 41 - June 14, 1940
- Jottings from the Editor's Wartime Diary
- Twenty Days of Fighting All The Way
- The B.E.F. Lives On to Fight Another Day
- 'Next Time Victory Will Be With Us'
- At Dunkirk Tragedy Was Turned into Triumph
- Calais Said 'No Surrender!'
- Under a Tornado of Fire They Left Boulogne
- France's Navy Was Superb at Dunkirk
- R.A.F. Triumphs Daily Over Hordes of Nazi Airmen
- Belgium Surrenders at Her King's Order
- His Airmen Follow Hitler's 'Ice-Cold Brutal Policy'
- Hospitals and Ambulances Make Good Targets!
- It Was 'A Colossal Military Disaster' But...
- Narvik Falls at Last Before the Allied Attack
- In a Few MInutes a Thousand Bombs Fell on Paris
- I Was There! - We Were in the Great Retreat to Dunkirk
- I Was There! - Our Adventures with the Fishermen's Armada
- I Was There! - We Waited on the Beaches at Dunkirk
- I Was There! - Nurses Worked on that Dreadful Beach
- Historical Words
- Our Diary of the War
- Echoes of the War from Far and Near