The War Illustrated - No. 40
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 40, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 2 - No. 40 - June 7, 1940
- Jottings from the Editor's Wartime Diary
- The Grim Struggle of the Flanders Plains
- Aided by Treason the Nazis Gain Channel Ports
- Dauntless Daring in Skies Filled with Nazi Aircraft
- How the French Fight the Mechanical Nazis
- These Are Units of the 'Mechanized Attila'
- The Parachute Weapon and Its Menace To Britain
- Germany's Parachute Army in the Making
- Treachery Most Foul: May 28, 1940
- The Home Front Unites Under Threat of Invasion
- Britain and Egypt Take Care of 'The Ditch'
- I Was There! - How I Escaped the German Bombs in Belgium
- I Was There! - We Saw Children Machine-Gunned
- I Was There! - Nazis Ruthlessly Bombed Our Hospital Ships
- I Was There! - I Saw the Gestapo at Work in Holland
- I Was There! - Abbeville Was a Vast Desolation of Ruins
- The World Hears of the Great Betrayal
- Words That History Will Remember
- Our Diary of the War
- A Word in Season
- Echoes of the War from Far and Near