The War Illustrated - No. 39
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 39, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 2 - No. 39 - May 31, 1940
- Jottings from the Editor's Wartime Diary
- Rage and Fury of the 'Battle of the Bulge'
- British Army's Great Stand at Louvain
- So Began the Greatest Tank Battle in History
- Machina Age Monsters Roar on to the Attack
- 'Day by Day Come Stories of Matchless Courage'
- The Dutch Did All That Brave Men Could Do
- Our Navy to the Rescue of Holland in Distress
- The Allies Have More Ships Than Before the War
- Yugoslavia's Army is Powerful to Defend
- I Was There! - I Saw Horror and Desolation in Louvain
- I Was There! - I Was One of the Last To Leave Brussels
- I Was There! - The Sky Over My Hotel Was Full of 'Planes
- I Was There! - We Bluffed Our Way Through the Nazis
- I Was There! - We Fled From Nazi Bombing In Belgium
- I Was There! - I Filmed the British Troops in Norway
- Historic Words
- Our Diary of the War
- France Cannot Die!
- Echoes of the War from Far and Near