The War Illustrated - No. 249
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 249, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 10 - No. 249 - January 3, 1947
- Was the Defence of Crete a Turning-Point?
- The Army Stages Its Own Battlefront Show
- Fresh Visions of Hope for Leaderless Germany
- His Majesty's Ships - H.M.S. Truant
- 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
- General Giffard's Claim to Fame
- Europe's Wartime Capitals in 1946 - Moscow
- I Was There! - We Covered the Landings in Sicily
- 6th Airborne Division
- I Was There! - Our Badge Was the Venomous Scorpion
- No. 61 Squadron
- I Was There! - I Fought the Germans Underground
- I Was There! - We Were Crippled 800 Miles From Land
- New Facts and Figures