The War Illustrated - No. 223
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 223, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 9 - No. 223 - January 4, 1946
- What the Load Means to Britain
- New Zealanders with a Fine War Record
- Hunting a U-Boat to Death
- Operation Deadlight: Sinking the U-boat Fleet
- Now It Can Be Told! - Ceramic's Three-Year Mystery Cleared Up
- Now It Can Be Told! - The Navy Landed 'Cloak and Dagger' Men
- Now It Can Be Told! - Whitehall's Wireless Link With the War
- Our Mighty Switch from Tanks to Peacetime Cars
- "War Below Zero"
- How Much Has U.N.R.R.A. Actually Achieved
- I Was There! - Hitler's Ex-Soldiers Cold-Shouldered in Berlin
- I Was There! - I Escaped from the Terror of a Java Jungle
- I Was There! - I Met 'Pistol Packin' Momma' at Nuremberg
- I Was There! - Chasing Fish With the Navy's Underwater 'Ear'
- I Was There! - The Vampire Screamed Over Our Flight Deck
- I Was There! - We Stoked an Escape Ship from Singapore
- Will the Atom Bomb Bring Peace?
- The Editor Looks Back