The War Illustrated - No. 22
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 22, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 2 - No. 22 - February 2, 1940
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- Finland Shows What Free Men Can Do
- The Last Man to Leave the Sinking 'Grenville'
- The Plans That Took the Wrong Turning!
- British Bren Gun Explained in Picture Diagram
- Scandinavia Would Like to Help Finland
- Rumania Looks to Her Moat
- Eyes that Pierce the Nazi Defences
- R.A.F. Over Germany
- Last 'Plane to Land on the Doomed 'Courageous'
- Britain's Blockade is Germany's Nightmare
- Words That History Will Remember
- Paris Black-Out Is Not So Very Black
- 'Things Are Not Going So Badly After All'
- Officers of Tomorrow Learn How To Do It
- The Dover Patrol Are Always on the Job
- I Was There! - I Was the Last Man on the 'Grenville'
- I Was There! - I Carried Gun-cotton at Waltham Abbey
- I Was There! - Waltham Abbey is Shaken by the Blast of War
- I Was There! - How We Recued a German Airman
- I Was There! - Though Neutral, the Nazis Torpedoed Us
- Women of the Empire Take the 'Joystick'
- Our Diary of the War