The War Illustrated - No. 219
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 219, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 9 - No. 219 - November 9, 1945
- This Holland Needs Our Help
- What We Escaped in 1940
- How the Barham was Lost
- The Greatest Mopping-Up Operation in History
- When London's Docks Visited the Clyde
- Our Lightships in the War
- Now It Can Be Told! - 'Ghost' Forts Sent to Crash on Heligoland
- Now It Can Be Told! - Human Minesweepers and Divers of the R.N.
- Now It Can Be Told! - Monty's D-Day Bluff Foxed the Germans
- Will Atomic Weapons Cancel Themselves Out?
- I Was There! - I Was in Java's Semi-Beleaguered Capital
- I Was There! - Pans and Kettles from Sky-Battle Veterans
- I Was There! - I Walked Into a Junkyard and Found Green Gold
- I Was There! - R.A.F. Dinghies in Action on a Flooded Airfield
- Editor's Postscript