The War Illustrated - No. 19
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 19, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 19 - January 12, 1940
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- What is the Front Line Really Like?
- Air Heroes of Two Wars Now Sleep Side by Side
- Brains Triumph over Brute Masses in Finnish War
- Finland Has Her 'Lawrence of the North'
- New Zealand Hastens to Help the Motherland
- Britain's Shipwrights Are Outpacing the Nazis
- Terrible Things are Happening Under the Nazis
- 'Graf Spee' Pays the Full Price of Defeat
- Words That History Will Remember
- Land-Ships of Which Britain May Rightly Be Proud
- Striking the Balance of the Blockade
- Lifeboatmen Rise to the New Challenge of War
- Without Oil the Wheels of War Must Stop
- Germany's 'Gates' Are Closing One by One
- The 'Bloodstained Criminals' Court Each Other
- I Was There! - We Tried to Save Half Our Ship
- I Was There! - How I Bombed A German Submarine
- I Was There! - I Drove Over a Finnish Field of Victory
- I Was There! - My Ship Broke Clean in Half
- Horse and Mule Keep Going When Motors Stop!
- Our Diary of the War
- Filius Ultor