The War Illustrated - No. 17
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 17, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 17 - December 29, 1939
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- Britain's Army Is in the Front Line Again
- Finland Was Not Stalin's Birthday Present
- No 'Picnic' in Finland for the Red Army
- British Submarines' Best Week - So Far
- They Singed the Fuehrer's Moustache!
- 'The Glorious Battle of the River Plate'
- 'Incredible Audacity' Wins the Day for Britain
- Some Secrets of the Convoys Revealed
- The Commonsense View of Gas Attacks
- Poland is the Nazis' Jig-Saw
- Words That History Will Remember
- I Was There! - We Flew from Germany on Clipped Wings
- I Was There! - I Saw The 'Graf Spee' Attacked
- I Was There! - We Were Prisoners On the 'Graf Spee'
- I Was There! - I Scuttled My Ship to Avoid Capture
- Our Diary of the War
- Easy French Phrases for British Soldiers - 6