The War Illustrated - No. 16
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 16, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 16 - December 23, 1939
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- Viscount Gort is At Home to His Majesty
- The King Goes Up The Line
- Finland's Heroic Resistance Surprises the World
- Scandinavia is Shaken by War's Thunder
- This Nazi 'Plane Will Drop No More Mines
- Unravelling the Tangle of the Balkan Pattern
- There's a Place in the Line for the Air Cadets
- Words That History Will Remember
- The Christmas Spirit: in '39 as in '14
- The Wartime Theatre Defies the Black-out
- Over Thirty-five but Not Too Old to Serve!
- We Have the Men - We Have the 'Planes
- 'We are Masters: As Masters We Behave'
- 'Graf Spee' is Brought to Bay
- I Was There! - I Saw Horrible Sights in Helsinki
- I Was There! - A Nazi Tank Slew My Wife in Poland
- I Was There! - We Escaped Torpedo, Fire and Shipwreck
- I Was There! - The Maire Who Welcomed the King
- Now It Can Be Told: Epic Story of the 'Orzel'
- Our Diary of the War
- Par Nobile Fratrum
- Easy French Phrases for British Soldiers - 5.