The War Illustrated - No. 12
Below are some articles from this famous World War Two magazine. Some articles have already been added, others will be added in the future.
This is the index of no. 12, see for other numbers our main index.
Volume 1 - No. 12 - December 2, 1939
- Jottings from My Wartime Diary
- 'Planes in Action Above the Halted War
- Empire Pilot's Unique Feat in the Aerial War
- Dutchmen Refuse to be Rattled
- France Has a 'Silent' Navy Too
- French Flyers in Spectacular Air Battle
- Solitary Watchers of the Skies
- British Science Is Helping to Win the War
- 'Battle Practice' Oils the A.R.P. Machine
- 'Royal Ordnance' Won't Let the Soldiers Down
- Words That History Will Remember
- The Navy, Too, Fights in the Air
- Once More Convoy Safe Home in Port
- 'The German Menace Will Be Broken'
- Odd Facts About the War
- Yet Another Sea Crime in the Nazi Score
- I Was There! - The Fuehrer Had Just Left Us When...
- I Was There! - We Saw the Jewish Pogrom in Germany
- I Was There! - We Tried to Save Our Mined Destroyer
- I Was There! - We Spent Five Days in the 'Deutschland'
- I Was There! - Our Ship was Sunk by a Pocket Battleship
- First Bombs Dropped on Britain in This War
- Our Diary of the War
- To The Dead
- It Is Said That...
- Easy French Phrases For British Soldiers - 1.